South Beach Diet Chicken Recipe
South Beach diet chicken recipe suggestions.
Pieces of cooked fatless chicken with olive oil, lemon juice or vinegar, vegetables and sometimes basil and a little garlic bring into your kitchen the flavour of mediterranean foods and constitute a filling and very healthy combination.
Here are some South Beach Diet chicken recipe suggestions:
Lemon Couscous Chicken — Phase 2
- 1¼ c water
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 c broccoli florets
- 1 pkg Near East Roasted Garlic & Olive Oil Couscous mix
- 1½ c chopped cooked chicken
- juice of 1 lemon (about 3 tbs)
- ¼ tsp lemon peel
In a large skillet, bring the water, oil, broccoli, and contents of the spice sack from the couscous mix to a boil. Stir in the couscous, chicken, lemon juice, and lemon peel.
Remove from the heat. Cover, and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff lightly with a fork. Chill well, and serve cold.
Makes 4 servings.
Solo Chicken Breasts and Bell Pepper — Phase 1
- 1 large (4-6 oz) Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breast
- 1/3 of a Bell Green Pepper, stem and seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of dried Basil
- 1 clove of Garlic, peeled and diced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- ½ cup of white wine
Slice the chicken breast and the bell pepper into thin slices and saute in the olive oil until the chicken turns white and the peppers become limp. Add the rest of the ingredients and cook over a medium heat until the chicken is completely cooked through, about 10 minutes.
Chicken-Chili Stew — Phase 2
- 3 skinless, boneless, chicken breast halves, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons canola or olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic from jar (or 2 cloves minced garlic)
- 2 14.5-ounce cans canned diced tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- ¾ cup picante sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
Heat oil in a large, deep skillet or Dutch oven. Add chicken and saute until chicken is lightly browned. Remove chicken, and add the onion, green pepper, and garlic. Saute until onion is translucent. Add chicken and remaining ingredients. Simmer until chicken is tender and vegetables are done (15 to 30 minutes).
You are here:
Home > basics > Eating principles > Meal planning > Recipes > Chicken recipe